Brooke's team is in 3rd place right now with a record of 8-3. They have done a great job this year and love playing together. The girls with her in the above picture have been with her through all of her years in Milford Volleyball. Becca Schoolcraft, Stephanie and Becca Gibson. These girls all get along really well and add so much to the team. I am grateful for their influences to Brooke.

If you notice Brooke and Becca are making a J and a B for the Jonas Brothers. They are a little obsessed.

One of the girls is moving to Florida and so they bought her a volleyball and each of them signed it. Brooke is having the whole team sleep over on Friday night after the Pumpkin Festival. It's a good thing that we finished the basement and it looks great.
I just have to say one more thing. I am very proud of Brooke. Their end of the year tournament had to be changed to Sunday and she was really looking forward to this, but she made the decision all by herself that she would not even play. She did not even come and discuss it with us. I am glad that she is such a great influence to the other girls. They have asked if she could just play this once and even the coach said that he would go and talk to her minister. She just simply said that she wants to keep the Sabbath day holy and not participate in things outside of church and family on the sabbath. She told them that it was one of the 10 commandments. Great job Brooke! I know you will be blessed by your Father in Heaven for making such a bold stand for your convictions. We love you!
5 comments:
That, right there, is one of the greatest blessings of living outside of Utah. Our kids would never have the "opportunity" to miss out on a game because it was Sunday. Megan had that happen several times over the years. Although I am grateful that we don't have to deal with that anymore, I'm glad my kids had the chance to stand up for what they believe in. It is sometimes hard, but it feels so good. Good Girl!
Hey, do we get to see the pictures of the new basement?
Way to go Brooke! I am so proud of her!
Holy cow Brooke I hope you know that I am proud of you too. It is so hard when you are passionate and love something like volleyball which is a great and righeous pursuit and you have to skip it for church I am so proud. Way to go Brooke.
Brooke is so amazing! Such a good example to all of us. It looks like she is having a great time with volleyball and all of her friends.
You have got to do a post about your newly finished basement. I want to see it!
You and Kevin should be so proud! I can't believe how much she is growing up.
Post a Comment