Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our second home...







Yesterday we lived at the soccer field. We got there at 8:00 for Carley's game and then Zack's was at 10:00 and Natalie's was at 11:30. We finally got home around 1:30 to catch the last talk of the first session of conference.

Each Saturday Carley goes to soccer and for the first hour she goes through different drills rotating to different stations and then the last 30 minutes they play a short game. She has not been very excited by the time the game comes around because she has been there for an hour already. Yesterday daddy was able to come to the game and I told her to show daddy how good she was. All of a sudden she came alive and she made 2 goals. It was so fun to see her go aggressively after the ball and take it all the way to the goal. I think daddy being there really made a big difference. YEAH CARLEY! She was so excited to go and get her donut afterward because I told her that she could get a donut if she scored a goal (any motivating force I can give...) . Soccer season is my very favorite here in NE. The leaves are changing and the weather is so great here in the fall. I just get to go sit next to the field and not think about anything else for a couple of hours. I love NE in the fall.

Zack has a strong foot on him. When he kicks the goals he really kicks them hard. He has been a scoring machine for his team. He scored 4 goals the first game and 3 goals the second. He is passing to other team members and defending really great. He also plays goalie and loves to stop the shots. He is a natural at soccer. I love watching him.

Natalie has come alive this year in soccer. We were a little surprised when she said she wanted to play this year because she took last year off and it turns out that she really only plays every other year. She is on a really great team with a great coach and she loves to go every week (3-4 times a week). She is getting so excited and more aggressive. She does not let anyone push her around. She gets right in there and takes the ball away from people. She told me yesterday that she gets elbowed in the stomach, pushed, kicked, hit in the head and still loves it. I told her that I think she is a pretty tough kid and I love watching how excited she is to be out there on the field. At her age soccer is a lot more aggressive and the kids are playing on a much bigger field with more set positions. She does a great job and says her favorite position in half back.

We are at the soccer fields every night except for Sunday and all morning on Saturdays, but we love it and I will be sad when it is over.

1 comment:

The Bischoff's said...

Yay! Go Olsens!! I would love to watch them! I think it is so fun to watch kids-especially Carleys age! We miss you guys already! :)