Sunday, October 5, 2008

Home improvements

Old shutters vs. new shutters (notice the red around the windows by the door).
I had to get up on the ladder to wash the windows and it was pretty scary.

We have been doing a lot of home projects trying to make our home look nicer. One of the projects was replacing the shutters on the front of the house because the original ones were getting really old looking and the paint was bubbling up ready to peel at anytime. We decided to replace them with black shutters and the house looks so much different. I love the look of the black shutters. I also painted the windows white around the front door. I love it when you do a project and it turns out better than you think it will. We decided to keep the garage doors and the front door red. It looks really nice all finished. Now all I need to do is take the old brass lights down on each side of the door and spary paint them black. Perfection.

3 comments:

Just me n Hay said...

It looks great!!

Heather said...

Wow that does really make your house look different. A good different though. I love home improvements too. It's hard work but it's always worth it!

Hideaway Girl said...

Looks awesome - I like the black!