Monday, October 27, 2008

Martha's Vineyard 20 miler

My running buddy
I do not know what I have done. I am commited to my next training for a race. I have wanted to go to Martha's Vineyard the whole time that I have been out here and so what better way to see the island than to run a race that circles past many different places there? It is on Valentine's day this year and so I talked Kevin into training and running it with me. I even talked him into celebrating our anniversary a little late and getting a place to stay while we are there. Very romantic.



Now for the training. I have to start running more and through the winter. Very cold. Carley went running with me today. I push her in the stroller and when she feels like it she gets out and runs with me. She is really great. She actually ran about 1 out of the 3 miles that we ran. I will go down to the new track in Milford to do some speed work and then run my long run with Kevin on the weekends.



4 comments:

The Bischoff's said...

Holy Cow woman! I could never do that! I know you guys love it though so it sounds like a great way to spend valentines Day and your Anniversary! :)

Cami and Juan said...

Wow running in the cold! You better take pictures of Martha's Vineyard. I imagine it to be the most beautiful place in the world.

Just me n Hay said...

Hayley loves to run w/ me, too. I don't have a running stroller, but sometimes daddy comes to a track and helps her around. :0)

Heather said...

That's great that you are getting Carley hooked on running so young. What a great Mom! She is such a cutie!