Monday, October 20, 2008

Basement 1

Now for those of you in Utah you may think that this basment is pretty lame, but out here in NE it is unheard of to have a finished basement and actually have people sleep down in it. Right now we have Brooke down there in the main family room, but Kevin is finishing her bedroom just off of the main family room so she will be moving out soon.
When we moved in, the basement room was finished, but it was a salmon color (very ugly) and there were no baseboards or casings around the doors and the doors were left unpainted. We repainted the whole room a nice cream color and brightened up the whole place and added the baseboards and casings. It was a lot of work, but so nice to have finished. It will be even nicer when Brooke can move out and we can get a gaming table and have a fun family hang out room. (You gotta love the drop ceilings and support poles in the basements out here.)

4 comments:

Cami said...

The basement looks great Kelly! Brooke is a good sport patiently waiting on her room.

Rachel and Nathan Fisher said...

Kelly - it all looks great, and I love the pics of your house and the trees. I can't believe we lived through another leaf change without taking any pictures. One of these years I'll learn!

Tori Bennett said...

Geez! Is it always that clean?! Go dump a bunch of toys in the middle just to make me feel better! It looks great! I love the built in entertainment center. Was that always there?

Congrats on the new space

Heather said...

That turned out so nice! I really like the built in entertainment center also. That is interesting that it's such a novelty to put your basement to good use out there!