Kevin and I have been saying for years that with living only 4 hours from NYC we need to take the kids down to see everything and attend a Broadway show. We finally decided to act on our words and invite Kevin's parents out to go with us for their 40th wedding anniversary. So Kevin called up his dad and asked if he would like to do this. His dad was thrilled because 50 years ago he lived in NYC and was stationed at Fort Hamilton in the army. We were so thrilled that they were going to join us. We just love having grandpa and grandma around. We drove down to New Haven, CT (2 1/2 hours) and took the train into Grand Central Station (2 hours). Kevin and I like going into NYC this way because you don't have to fight all the traffic and you just arrive right in the center of the city. We took a subway over to our hotel and dropped our bags and Brooke was thrilled to see that there was a Book of Mormon in the drawer next to the bible (of course we were staying at a Marriott). Then we went into Time Square and took Kevin's parents out to dinner at one of our favorite Italian restaurants just right off of Broadway called Bella Vita. It has excellent food. We then all got to see Mary Poppins. I purchased the tickets on line and purchased the very cheapest which had us sitting in the nose bleed section up on the 2nd balcony. When we got to the theater they told us that we had to check with the box office. Kevin went and found out that they had moved us to the mezzanine section and they turned out to be great seats. Amazing! Mary Poppins was a real joy to watch. The sets were incredible and they were well worth the $37 we paid for each seat. The kids just loved it and it just all made me so happy inside. After the show we walked back to Time Square to eat cheesecake at Roxy's and it was raining just a little bit but we all made it okay. We had to take 2 cabs back to the hotel because there were so many of us, but I have to say that with the company and everything that went on that night it was one of the best evenings of my life. I just love being with my family.
4 comments:
That looks amazing! I wish we would have had more time to do that while we were there!! Something you'll remember forever!!
What a wonderful family trip! You will always be glad you took the time to do this with your entire family. I would've loved to see a play on Broadway when I was young. They will always remember this trip.
What a fun trip! I’d take the cheesecake, that’s for sure. I have yet to visit NYC...someday. My brother Scott and his family saw Mary Poppins on Broadway a couple of months ago. His girls loved it. Rex travels there with work every so often and he always tries to see a Broadway play (last time he saw Phantom) and get to a Yankee game. One of these days I’ll tag a long!
I am jealous about Mary Poppins, I'm not sure I could drag Juan along to that musical. He has something against poor Mary Poppins.
Post a Comment