We started out at 6:00 in the morning and took our time to finish opening presents around 9:00. The kids had so much fun opening presents from cousins, each other, grandparents and mom and dad. We feel really blessed to have such a fun day together as a family. Brooke got a Jonas Brother's Burning Up book from Santa, Natalie got a video camera where she has already burned through the batteries and can watch her special movies on TV right after she films them. Zack got an acoustics guitar and has already learned 3 chords and a few songs. He is very enthusiastic and wants to be in a band. Carley got Troy and Gabriella (from HSM) dolls that she played nonstop with for 6 hours dressing them and redressing them. We are getting a much needed computer today (hopefully from the after Christmas sales) and Brooke got the IPOD Touch from Kevin and I which made it possible for me to be passed down her IPOD. I am very happy to have it for running. Zack got a skateboard and the kids got a Disney Sing Star and Dance Dance Revolution for the PS2 that they love. Kevin got a running watch with heart rate monitor and now he has no excuse to tear it up in training. What a fun day we had. The only thing that could have made it better was to be with our extended family at this time. We miss everyone so much and look forward to hopefully being with you all by next Christmas. Merry Christmas! (I will post some pictures when we finally have a new computer that has a USB port that works.)
Adult Sisters
6 years ago
4 comments:
Does this mean you might be back in UT soon?
Glad you had a great Christmas. Take care and say hi to the family.
Merry Christmas - it sounds like a wonderful time! Happy New Year, too! We miss you!
It sounds like your family had a wonderful Christmas. Our kids have everything unwrapped in about 20 minute! Those pictures of the ice storm are amazing. I had heard about the big storm and the power outages, but didn’t know you were in the middle of it all - crazy. I can’t believe you were without power for so long. Happy New Year! Maybe if we keep our fingers crossed we will see an economic rebound in the year 2009.
That is amazing that you went with power for so long. No kidding you need a generator. The ice tree behind you is so beautiful but that ice does cause problems. I love seeing pictures of you guys. I miss you so it's good to see you somehow. I'm glad you had such a marvelous day!
Post a Comment