Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our Nativity Pageant

Every year for the past 20 years the 3 wards that meet in the Stake Center where we go to church put on a Live Nativity Pageant with sheep and donkeys and everything. I was called to be one of the directors this year and was so happy to be able to have all my kids in it this year because of this. Brooke will be one of the Heavenly Angels. Natalie and Carley will be part of the Townspeople and Zack will be a Shepherd. Kevin just didn't know which one to choose so he decided to be a great supporter and our biggest cheerleader (when he found out that you had to be in full make-up he bagged out :>). We have our dress rehearsal on Friday from 5-9 and our performances are on Saturday, Dec. 13 at 6:00 and 7:00 and Sunday, Dec. 14 at 6:00 and 7:00. There is live music and homemade cookies and hot chocolate inside afterward. We have a graphic designer in our ward that put together this beautiful poster for us this year and I just really think that it portrays a little better how special this day actually was. I look forward to my kids being able to be in it and feel of the Spirit that this time of year can bring to each one of us. The Spirit of Christ can be with us throughout the whole year. Thank you for this great opportunity. Everyone is invited and welcome to come.

4 comments:

Tori Bennett said...

Is the pageant still on, considering the weather? It may be cold and icy in Bethlehem this year!

Hope all is well and that you have power.

Ginger said...

I am sad I am going to miss it. It would have been fun to see the kids in it. Hopefully it won't be too cold.

Sheri Mills said...

I bet you were awesome!! And your kids too! Hope you have a Merry Christmas!!

Heather said...

Sounds like a wonderful program. I'm glad it all went well. I hope you made yourself "rest" as you would say. Pneumonia is so scary.