These are some of the cutest little children in the ward. There is just something about a little 2 year old that looks at you with love and admiration that melts your heart. Even though this is not happening yet I look forward to when it does. I have been released as the Webelos assistant in Cub Scouts and have been put in as the new Nursery Leader. I will have about 9 kids total and only about 4 more joining us throughout the year. It is not very big, but we will have a lot of fun. I am thinking about putting together a "little helper" chart where the kids can move their picture to let them know what they are going to help with that day. I collected some ideas from my sister Ginger that is in her Nursery in her ward and am open for any otherideas that you may have. One idea I liked was they brought in a clothes line with clothes pins and they would hang their art for display until their parents came to pick them up. I took all their pictures and I am going to make a welcome chart so we can tell who is there each week and who we are missing. We have a music leader that comes in at the end of the time to teach music for 15 min. and I am going to make a rotating schedule with the other leaders so we can share teaching the leassons each week. The number one things that I am going to focus on are LOVE, SAFETY and CONSISTANCY for these little ones. We will have them ready to enter Primary for sure. I look forward to this challenge and cannot wait until the little ones look at me with recognition and actually want me to hold them in my arms.
Adult Sisters
6 years ago
6 comments:
Oh My Goodness~ How fun! I miss my little sunbeams! You'll be great!! :)
Grace already does! She is so excited that you are the nursery leader.
The other day when I got out of the shower and my hair was wet, and therefore dark, she told me I looked "beautiful like Carley's mom."
You will be so good at this calling Kelly. Your ideas are great! My ward has a nursery of 1 baby, haha, so I don't have many ideas for you.
Kelly, I don't recognize ANY of those little 2 year olds! That makes me sad:(
Maybe a little Maughan, and a Parker? I've been gone too long.
I love the nursery. I look forward to going there each week. The kids are just so much fun and just so happy.
They are so lucky to have you! One thing our nursery leader used to do is go around every Sunday and touch the face of every child while saying, "Cole, Jesus Loves You!" and then go to the next child. Then she took all their pictures and started pointing to their picture and saying it instead. It was a great way to start the lesson each week and it made each child feel very special and loved by their Savior!
Post a Comment