Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Girls and I at Girl's Camp


Natalie was able to spend her first year at Girl's camp this year and did not want to ever leave. I think it was because all meals were made for us each day...all the dishes were done for us each day...all she had to worry about was keeping her cabin straightened up, getting up for polar bear swims each day and hanging out with friends while feeling a super strong spirit. I didn't want to leave either.
All the leaders, YCL's and 4th years arrived on Monday. We set up our camp and then took off for a beautiful hike up above Franconia to over look Lake Winnepesaukee. It was a beautiful day and the girls had so much fun. I found out later that whatever it took, Brooke wanted to beat me to the top of that mountain. She did.

I really had a fun time spending it there with Brooke. I was a leader over the 4th year girls. We always have the best time.

Here are a bunch of 4th year girls with their YCLs. Gwynnie Noel, Brielle, Mckenna, Afton, Amy.

Candee, Sarah, Kelly, Emily. I love camping with Sarah and Candee. We always have such a fun time together.

A view of all our girls in the stake. The first years are in white, second in blue, third in red, fourth in green, ycls in yellow and leaders in purple and stake leaders in pink.

Natalie and Rylee (the only first years in our ward).

Natalie loved doing the crafts, eating the food and playing games. She would swim every day as well.

They built new aderandacks for us to sleep in. They were amazing. It poured rain on us and we all kept really dry.

Each one had 8 bunks in them. This was our leader bunk...

Our 4th year girls would dress up as a different theme each day. Hawaiian, super heros, indians, senior citizens. Very fun for them. The other girls look forward to becoming 4th years one day.

Natalie and Rylee got their hair twirl braided for one of the classes.

We had a very fun time together. I believe that girl's camp is essential to a young woman's testimony. I love Girl's Camp.

No comments: