We will be staying at the Mansion House.
A picture of one of the rooms we may be staying in.
We arrive at Vineyard Haven Harbor.
The ferry we will take to get there.

I couldn't really find pictures of what it looks like in the winter. I hope it is not too cold to run.

A beautiful sunset.
Some may think about going to a beautiful warm beach and lay out in the sun all day listening to the waves break on the shore. Others may dream of cruising the Mediterranean while eating fabulous foods and enjoying wonderful entertainment. But as for me and my honey we will be running 20 miles together in ice cold conditions and staying at a resort where we will not even be able to use the pool. This is our idea of a romantic get-away. Are we crazy?
Kevin and I have been training for our upcoming race on Valentine's day in Martha's Vineyard. We are staying there for 2 nights at a place called the Mansion House and it is a Health and Spa resort so I am really looking forward to the massage afterward. The race is 20 miles long and it circles the island (not the entire island). The reason why I signed us up for this is because we have not been to Martha's Vineyard and can only afford to go during the off season. So I looked it up and found that the race was on Valentine's day and of course had to commit Kevin to doing it with me. He was not very thrilled with the commitment because of icy wind and other things that February out on the island may bring, but I know that it will be a great experience for both of us and we can see the island as we are running.
We ran our longest training run on Saturday, 18 miles, on an indoor track near us and I experienced pain in my IT band and I was nervous about that. Thank goodness for Alieve and that it may help me make it through the race.
We get to leave on Friday afternoon and drive about 1 hour and 30 min. to the ferry. Then take the ferry across and just get off the ferry and walk across the way to our hotel. We can just hang out Friday, race on Saturday starting at 11:00 and then around 3:00 when we finish and return to the room it will be nice to just relax for another night and return home on Sunday. Thank you to friends and Ginger for watching our kids. We get to celebrate our 15 year anniversary this weekend and I am so excited for our little mini get-away. The running was just an excuse to get us there. Thanks Kevin for all of our little running dates together. I look forward to every one of them with you. Here's to 15 more years of running together. I love you!
3 comments:
YES you are crazy!! no, just kidding! :) That looks like it will be so nice! Good Luck on your race! You guys are awesome!!!
You guys are an inspiration! And Martha's Vineyard would be an amazing place to visit. Lucky duck!!
Enjoy every minute of time alone - it is so precious! So sorry I missed lunch in Utah - for sure next time!
Post a Comment