Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First 5K of 2008

Crazy Runners
So here we are in frigid New England on January 1, 2008 with it snowing 6-9 inches and Kevin says, "Hon, let's go for a run." It was not my first choice, but neither was what I was doing, going through all of Zack's toys and getting rid of a ton. I was not going to do it until he said, "I want you to be there with me." How could I say no to that? I got dressed in all my layers and was actually excited to use for the first time my Christmas present from Kevin. It is a Garmin Forerunner 305 with heart rate watch. I have it set to have me stay in a 9-10 minute mile and it was fun to have it tell me to speed up and actually a few times to slow down. My heart rate was ultra high (because I am out of shape) but I was able to actually enjoy this little snow run. I think I am going to actually start to enjoy running again. I will be able to track my heart rate and do some heart rate training to make my running stronger. Milford is putting in a track at the high school, so I will be able to run down to it and then do some speed work, intervals and bleachers there. I will actually have somewhere to run/train on flat ground. YEAH!
So the triathlete has started his training for the 3 triathlons he has signed up for this year. The one in August is a Half Iron man and that is why I call him a nut. I have every confidence that he will complete these races and do them well. I will be there cheering him on on the sidelines with the kids. That is good enough for me.

4 comments:

The Bischoff's said...

you guys are CRAZY!! I can't run anyway- so throw in some snow?? I'd kill myself! Looks like you had fun though!! :)

Monica said...

Looks like you guys are really missing us. . . . You couldn't find anything better to do on a cold NE morning. I figured you are just trying to get a jump start on that couples BIGGEST LOSER contest. We sure miss you guys! I love the blog great way to keep us up-to-date on all your doings! Love Ya!

Heather said...

Kelly your blog is great! It's really fun to see what you are doing on a more daily basis. You are crazy to go running in the snow. Kevin is very blessed to have a wonderful wife like you!

Brooke said...

That's crazy that you went running in the snow, mom! Just crazy!