Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Making cookies on a rainy day

The cookie dough is almost better than the actual cookie.
She is pretty proud of her creation.

I was just sitting in my office working on a sign and Carley came into me and said, "I got all of the stuff out to make cookies so can you help me?". I walked into the kitchen and lo and behold she had the brown sugar, flour, vanilla, oatmeal, salt, and chocolate chunks on the counter.





I have to say that between having 2 older daughters that love to bake and make different treats we always have some sort of cookie or brownie sitting around my house. So much that Kevin and I had to finally tell them that they can only make a treat one day a week on Wednesdays (now you know why I have have to run so much). It is so funny that Carley has helped them out enough times that she knows exactly what to get out to make them.





We made cookies together and she had to pour everything in herself to the mixer. They turned out really great and it is just so nice to be in a home that smells like fresh homemade oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, looking out to a dark, rainy spring day. Now all that would make it more fabulous than it already is is if I had time to curl up with a wonderful book to read. BTW...we are still hanging out in our jammies (another great thing about a rainy day).

2 comments:

Melanie said...

How fun and yummy and cozy! I can't believe how grown up Carley looks!!! She is beautiful!

Ginger said...

that is funny. I actually am surprised that she didn't start putting the ingredients in the bowl.