Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Flag football, baseball season and more...


Zack's dream one day...to become like Jason Varitek.
I love Spring so much. One of my favorite things to do is go to my kid's baseball/football/volleyball/basketball/soccer/dance/swimming/plays/track meets etc. I love cheering them on and just sitting and relaxing. My two favorite seasons are Fall and Spring mainly because I get to go sit in the outdoors and watch them do amazing things. I also think it is because I get to put everything else on hold (including house work) and just relax. Soccer is so much fun to watch... Brooke plays volleyball (which is my most favorite sport) which I love to go cheer her on and this year we put Zack into a flag football league (which was inevitable because of Kevin) and he has really enjoyed it and is pretty good. But I have to say that I really LOVE going to Zack's baseball games. I used to think that a baseball game was so long and boring. It would kill me to sit through one game let alone a double header. Now that I have a son playing the game and watching how much he absolutely loves it, I look forward to going to his games...bugs, rain and all. He is learning so much about the game and he is such a little natural athlete that it makes it even more fun to watch. The fact that what he wants to be when he grows up is a professional baseball player for the Red Sox (like every other young boy dreams of) makes it even more fun. So here is to all the soccer mom's that are supporting their kids in their many different things... there is almost nothing better in the whole world. In a couple of weeks swim team starts and I can't wait.

Zack at a Red Sox game with family. You can see the LOVE of the game in his face. I love it.

2 comments:

Hideaway Girl said...

It's a busy time of year for moms! I think I would enjoy watching more if I didn't have little ones running all over the place. Cute that Zack wants to be pro...I love it when kids are really into their sport.

4boysmom said...

Go Zack! I want an autograph now so I can sell it for lots of money in a few years when you are famous!