Monday, September 29, 2008

Boys will be Boys??

He bought these glasses with his own money. He thinks it makes him look like uncle Kent the police officer.

Zachary is a very active child, he has been since birth. Kevin and I did not ever sleep through the night until he was about 5 years old because he would cry out in his sleep, but never wake up. He has some other things that he has been working through and finally I set up an appointment at the Urologist. We went in for the appointment and found out that he was a little backed up and not very regular so we have him on a laxative and then a pill that he takes every night to get him through the night. I am so thrilled for him. He feels so much better about himself and more in control. I think this may help out a little with his outbursts that he has every now and then. I feel like we can focus more on positive things with him rather than always hounding him about his night problems. His teacher at school has pointed out to us that all he wants to do is get everyone laughing. He is an entertainer and maybe one day he will make a lot of money by being on his own sit-com. But for now I have read many things that say a boy at 8-9 years old can be very active and hard to control in academic/controlled situations. He wants to please people so much, but cannot always make the right decisions on when to be goofy and when to not be. I am just grateful that he is an intelligent child with a love for school and life. He is very well liked by his peers and the teachers say he is a very polite boy, just active. I have to keep telling myself, boys will be boys even though I used to not think that that saying was true. I know now that some boys are wired differently and that all I need to give him is patience and love and a lot of room to run around and play.

2 comments:

Kathy Schroder said...

dude that is totally top gun, but I guess he is too young to understand oh well you look tough anyways

Heather said...

That is really great that you took him to a urologist. I bet that will make a huge difference for him. He is such a fun kid! He will figure out that personality can only get you so far. Hopefully sooner than later :) I totally believe that boys are much different. They keep us on our toes!