Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Pomp and Circumstance

Can you believe it? My daughter is no longer in the MMS class of 2009 but now is the MHS class of 2013. This just doesn't seem real. I really do believe that I am still in the 10th grade and that I am the one that is supposed to be raising this complex, beautiful person/daughter. All I have to say is that I am so glad that I have Kevin by my side and can rely on the Lord's help AT ALL TIMES. A funny story, she went up to stand in the line to receive her certificate of completion and was wearing her first pair of "heel high" shoes (as Carley would call them) and walked up behind these 2 boys in line. The boy in the blue turned to look at her and was looking about neck level and then all of a sudden his eyes had to follow all the way up to see how tall she was. Kevin describes it better. It was so funny to hear. She was about 5'11 in these heels.
She really was able to make some great friends in middle school with high values and I am so glad that she had good influences on her. (Dorothy, Brooke, Becca, Kendra)

Of course a picture of Brooke with her proud parents. (I am still taller I think... not for long though.)

She was so nervous walking infront of everyone to get her certificate but I am happy to say that she did not have any trips or falls and did it very graciously. Good job Brooke. After the ceremony they had a social/dance and she was able to go and watch a slide show and dance with everyone and have a good release time. I can't believe that Middle school is over. I am hoping that we can move back to Utah before the school year starts and we will be able to have her in Junior high for one more year. We can just sit through another one of these special nights next year. :)

I love this picture of her. She just looks like a super model. She is so beautiful and such a great friend to me. I love hanging out with her and talking with her. She is always such a joy to be around...even in her odd moments. I love you Brooke and wish you the best of luck in High School next year.

7 comments:

Heather said...

Brooke is like a model! She is so pretty. How great that she found good friends. That makes all the difference. She looks so tall in all of the pictures. I haven't seen her in a while so I'll be shocked when she is towering above me.

Tori Bennett said...

Wow. High School. Megan has one more year at the Jr High, thankgoodness, but Tyler moves up to JR. High. Yikes.

Are you guys serious about getting back to Utah this Fall? Hope it all works out for you

Cami and Juan said...

She looks so tall. I like the dress, it looks super cute.

Ginger said...

I just love the dress. I am so glad that you captured the picture of her next to the short boys. That is funny.

Aimee said...

Wow! Congrats, Brooke! Kelly, you are getting old! (I'm your same age, so I'm old too!)

4boysmom said...

Absolutely beautiful! I am amazed at how tall she is - wonder if they will all be that way? Wish I was!!! Congrats on raising such a beautiful daughter!

The Bischoff's said...

She does look like a super model! You are lucky to have such a great girl! Good luck with High School! :)