Thursday, June 4, 2009

5K races

Exeter 5KChristine and I drove to Exeter to do her first 5K. I set her up on a training program that takes you from no running to running 3 miles and she was able to follow it and finish her first 5K. It was such a beautiful race. It went past the Phillip's Exeter Academy and around the cut town and Exeter, NH. I was able to finish in 23:22. I was pretty happy with the pace. Christine finished and felt great running the whole entire time. I was so proud of her and she felt great finishing. We went out for ice cream on the way home.
Hollis Fast 5K I run with a group of ladies mostly on Saturday for our long runs, but sometimes throughout the week. By doing this it has made me love running so much. It is so fulfilling to me to be able to push myself harder and have these great ladies that are doing the same thing. Kelly Merryfield and Cathleen Brown are here in this picture.
Kelly and I run together a lot. I knew that we run a pretty close pace so I wanted to try and stick with her and push myself. We ran the whole race almost side by side and kept pushing each other along. She ended up pushing past me at the end and beating me by 3 seconds. Bummer. But I thank her for pushing me so hard through the race. We ended up finishing 2nd and 3rd in our age division (35-39). I owe it to her for keeping me going strong. Our times were 22:03 and 22:06. Thanks Kelly. Cathleen took 3rd in her division (30-34) with a time of 20:12. She is smokin' fast. This is Kelly and I getting our medals.

The three of us with our medals. It was fun to all come together and be able to all take home medals. There are around 40 people in each division. It was fun because they had us all sit in a banquet room afterward and they called our names and had us come up and stand on platforms. There were lots of cookies to choose from (my favorite part).

Kevin did a great job as well. He has been injured and is starting to feel better and he was still able to run the race in 23:11. Great job honey and thanks for putting up with a bunch of crazy ladies that night.

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I see so much Natalie in you in that top picture. So fun to make such good friends by bonding with a common hobby.

Melanie said...

Holy cow Kelly! You amaze me! You are lightening fast...and you look AMAZING! I miss you. :-(