Sunday, July 6, 2008

The Milford Swim Team

Zack and Natalie decided that they wanted to join the Milford Swim team this summer. they meet every day from 8:30-9:30 am and learn all the different strokes like free style, breast stroke, back stroke and butterfly. I have to say that I am already really impressed with how great they are doing. The first couple of practices were really hard for Zack. He wanted to quit because it was boring just swimming back and forth and it was a lot of work. Kevin talked to him about sticking to something and not being a quitter and then the next day they had a great teacher from the older team start helping them with their strokes. He told me that he is so glad that he did not quit because he absolutely loves it. I told him not to worry because I would not have let him quit.
They have already competed in their first swim meet and Zack took a 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place. Natalie took a 2nd place in the back stroke. She told me that it is so much fun actually being the one that is doing it rather than the one that is watching it and cheering. She has had to sit through many a track meet and baseball/volleyball game of her brother and sister and she is liking the attention for herself now. Natalie is a natural swimmer. She works really hard and I think we may have found something that she really loves and enjoys. They jump out of bed every morning ready to race out the door to swim practice. I am loving it as well sitting next to the pool reading a book and enjoying the morning.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

That picture of Zack is hilarious. He looks exhausted! I didn't even recognize him. Wow every day, they are really going to become good!