Friday, April 9, 2010

Back to Martha's we go...

Zach, Sue, Kelly, Kevin, Yuki and Eric at Charlie's Mexican restaurant We went back to Martha's Vineyard again this Valentine's day to run the 20 mile race there. This year we took our good friends Sue and Zach, Yuki and Eric. We met at the ferry terminal and took Zach's car over. We drove to Edgartown to stay in the Harborview hotel and we were able to have Zach drive us the the starting line in the morning (because he was not running).
The weather was 35 degrees and a little windy. Sue, Yuki and I ran a nice 9 min. mile pace the whole first half together. At mile 10 Yuki took off and finished 8 min. miles for 10 and I kept the 9 min. mile pace until mile 15...then picked it up and finished at 2:55. It felt so good...knocking off more than 20 min. from last year's time. :)
The hotel was nice and cozy and Kevin gave me a leopard print snuggie w/ slippers and the Lost Symbol book to read for Valentine's day. I gave him silk pillowcases. (to help save our faces from wrinkles.) It has been a fun tradition to do this each year, but I think this may be our last. Who knos where we will be by next Valentine's day.

No comments: