Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Leaf clean-up

This was our second Saturday that we had to clean up the leaves. They dropped a ton and I spent 3 hours raking the leaves out of the flower beds and getting them ready so Kevin could come around and pick them up with the mower.
Brooke happily drove the mower the second week and it only took us 2 more hours to pick them all up. I wish I would have taken more pictures to show how many leaves we get each year to clean up.

This is a pretty good picture showing how we rake the leaves all into the center of the lawn and then the riding lawn mower tries to pick them all up.

Of course we play in them as well.

And sometimes get lost in them. We try to make it as fun as we can because it is a lot of work. My hands have blisters for the proof. I just did not get a picture of me to prove I was there. We should only have about an hours left of work this Saturday to finish it up. At least the weather has been so nice for us to work in.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I CANNOT believe how big your kids are! Brooke is getting so old it's crazy! I miss all the NH leaves and I wish we could have gone to the Fall Festival. I miss you guys!

Cami and Juan said...

The weather looks beautiful! And Brooke looks so old on that lawn mower.

Heather said...

That is a ton of leaves! Thank goodness you have the riding lawn mower to help out.