Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Back again...

I have taken a really long break from my blog because I have been on strike from taking pictures.  I cannot get organized enough with them and have lost them because of computer problems and have just been hurt/annoyed too much so I stopped taking pictures and have stopped blogging.  Really immature...I know.

I just asked my daughter Natalie if she could use the pictures that she has been taking to keep up the family history on her blog for the past year and she has done an amazing job.

Well now, I am just going to update when I can and not worry so much about posting pictures.  I hope that I will eventually be able to get back into it (probably need a new camera), get more organized (download all pictures to an out source) and just actually take the time (if I can find some) to update.

We just got back from spending Thanksgiving in AZ with Kevin's sister, Kathy, and family and his parents.  Her kids have grown up so much and we had such a great time.  Carley and Alli really hit it off.  Alli was so sad when we left.  We are going to return this summer to Utah and spend more time with them and all the other cousins.  It will be hard to think to the summer in Utah.  I really am excited about it yet sad as well.  Brooke will be going to BYU (hopefully) and we will be bringing her out to go to college and even though I am excited for her, I am a little selfish thinking that she will have to leave me...once they leave it is never the same.  I'll think about that another day.

Thanksgiving in AZ was so nice.  The weather was amazing, the company was fun, and I was so relaxed and rested after it was all over.  It has been 8 years since we had Thanksgiving with either one of our parents.  I am glad we were able to share that with them.

Kevin completed an Ironman while we were there.  He has been wanting to finish one for almost as long as I have known him.  It has been a long road and one with many goals set and finally he was able to accomplish it.  I am so proud of him and the wonderful example he set for me and the kids that you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.  With a lot of hard work, planning, preparation and then follwing through...you can succeed at the hardest things life has to offer.  An Ironman uses strength of body, mind and spirit.  What an amazing accomplishment for him.

We are excited for Christmas.  With being in AZ it really does not feel like Christmas.  I know it is still a month away, but it seems different this year.  We usually start out our Christmas season on Dec. 1 with "Little Christmas" where we each exchange a gift with each other to get us in the giving spirit.  It doesn't have to be something store bought, but usually is.  We also choose a family to do the 12 days of Christmas to (we try to stay anonymos).  The kids love to go to their home each eveing and leave something for them.  It is a fun tradition.

I am coaching Carley's little basketball team this year.  I am excited to have one of my daughters play basketball.  We went outside yesterday and I reviewed with her some dribbling, passing, jump stops, pivots (to help with not traveling) and lay ups and she did amazing.  She is a natural.  She was doing lay ups right around me...very impressive.  We are going to have so much fun.

Brooke started indoor track and is loving it.  She really is enjoying the workouts.  She is getting her first job soon.  Possibly Subway.  She has an interview with them this afternoon.  I love Subway.  It will be nice to have her learn to work hard for an employer and have different responsibilities.

Natalie is trying out for her BYPC production of The Little Mermaid in a couple of weeks.  She is so talented and I am excited for her to be involved with that again.  Maybe one day we can move to St. George and she can be in the Tuacan productions.  I even think they have a high school associated with that.

Zack is doing an amazing job with his grades.  He has really been working hard on his behavior in the classroom and is making huge strides.  He will be taking private soccer lessons this winter (because the travel team plays on Sundays) and will be playing on a community local basketball team (because the travel team plays on Sundays).  He will be blessed for making the commitment to keep the Sabbath day holy.  I am proud of him.  Co-ed volleyball will start up in February.



No comments: