Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Track for Brooke and Natalie

Not sure why Brooke is not in this picture, but this is a picture of her girl's track team. She did high jump and triple jump this year. She jumped 5'8 in the high jump and around 30 feet in the triple jump. She really loves track and the whole social aspect of it.
Natalie did track for the first year this year and I was able to jump in and be the long distance coach. It was a lot of fun to be with Natalie every day after school and run with her. She really took to running. She did a couple of 5K races (finishing around 27 min) and also did a 10K run in 60 min. as well as a 5 mile race in 51 min. She took 2nd place in her age group of 16 and under in that Goffstown Gallop.

The other event that she participated in was the hurdles. She is a little natural at the hurdles and I hope that she will continue at it and get really fast. I think she does have the drive for it. I look forward to coaching next year as well.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Derek did track this year as well and loved it! Your girls are adorable and growing up too fast!