Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Volleyball

If you know me at all you know how much I LOVE VOLLEYBALL. I am thrilled that my girls LOVE it like I do. Brooke got invited to try out for the Varsity team and was 1 of 2 freshman who made Varsity ONLY. They don't even get to play JV. He starts her in every game and she plays the position of Middle Blocker. It does help that she is also the tallest on the team. She is getting so much experience and that is really what you need in the game of volleyball. Another great thing is that she is playing with older girls that can control the ball more. She has a setter that can actually place the ball in the range of being hit. She is so excited and has already made some great blocks and hits. It has been a lot of work with 3 hour practices daily and ALL DAY scrimmages as well as getting home at 10:00pm on her first day of school because they had a scrimmage. The season starts on Friday night and I am thrilled and will be their number 1 fan.

Who would of thought that I would have another daughter that has turned out to LOVE volleyball as well. Natalie missed the volleyball camp in the summer because I totally did not know when it was and went to the week long try-outs and played her heart out. I just want to say that when she decided to try out for the team she had me take her to the volleyball net so she could practice getting her serve over. She was very diligent and worked really hard to improve her skills. She is 1 of 2 sixth graders that he kept on the team. I am very excited (and so is she) that she made it and can practice and play at such a young age. And let me just say that she has some skills. Kevin said, "Can you imagine being a coach and having to cut Natalie from the team? She is too sweet". She is more than just sweet, she is talented as well. She just recently told me, "Mom, I love volleyball so much".

Can you tell that I am just a happy mom right now. I LOVE VOLLEYBALL! and I love my girls for loving volleyball.

GO SPARTANS and GO TITANS!

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Wow, yay Brooke! That is crazy and she will learn to be so good at it. That's so great!

Ginger said...

That will be so much fun. I am excited to go to a few games also.

The Bischoff's said...

Thats awesome! Way to go girls! I LOVE volleyball too! Wish I were closer, I'd come watch!! :)