
Skaket Beach is on the inner part of the elbow at that cape. It has shallow, warm water. When the tide is low, the water is about 1/2 a mile out from the beach. The kids played for hours in the sand and water.

We decided to go back to the beach to see the sun set. It was very beautiful.

Nauset Beach is on the outside of the elbow where the water is more rough and you can boogie board and body ride the waves. The water is much colder.

It was a huge beach. Even though there were a ton of people there it still did not seem too crowded.

Carley wanted to dig a hole just like her brother.

Zack played in the sand for hours. He dug this hole and sat in it. People just laughed at him when they passed.

Zack was buried by dad. A little freaky if you ask me.

Carley had to do the same.

Brooke was laying under the canopy while sun bathing. This is at Skaket beach.

Skaket Beach.

The kids playing in the shallow water at Skaket beach. We walked out for quite a ways and never had the water come past my waist.

Natalie having fun at Skaket.

Skaket beach. You can kind of see how shallow it was. But warm...

Cuties.

We stayed at a cabin like home with the kids just about a mile from each beach. One day we went to Skaket and stayed the whole day. The canopy was nice to have. The next day we went to Nauset Beach and stayed the whole day as well. The weather was fabulous. It turned out that we went down on a perfect weekend. Hurricane Bill came the next weekend and there were 8-10 foot swells that weekend. We would have not been able to go to the beach that day. Yay for us.

At Skaket someone made this huge alligator sand creation. The kids thought it was very cool.

Plenty of time to build a sand castle or two.

Brooke had been in Utah for 2 1/2 weeks prior to this and we decided to pick her up from the airport in Boston and just drive down to the cape and stay there with her. I am glad that she was able to make it back to go with us to the Cape. We had a great time. The kids were wiped out each night because of all the playing ALL DAY LONG.

Zack caught a snad crab at Skaket beach. It pinched his finger when he tried to lift it up for the picture. The shovel is a much better way to go. :)

Very cool hair Zack. I just realized that there are no pictures really of Kevin, Brooke or myself. We were there I promise. (I guess in the family pictures at the beginning.)
3 comments:
That must have bee so nice to just sit and relax the whole weekend. Those are the best vacations.
What a nice family getaway. Good for you guys making such great memories. I can't imagine just saying "Oh let's go to the cape for the weekend!" It really is awesome that you live close to so many cool places! All of your pictures are so much fun.
Oh Kelly Kelly, I miss you! I wish we could have gone to the Cape with you! Dang. That looks like it was such a fun trip. Your kids are growing up so fast! They are beautiful! I can't wait until you are in Utah someday hopefully soon. But, I must say that I sometimes get homesick for New England...and these pictures don't help. Live it up and do lots of road trips...I miss that. I love you tons.
Post a Comment