
Carley has been growing her hair for 5 years now and about a year ago we told her that she could grow it to donate to little children that could not grow hair of their own. She has been really excited about this and would tell people what she was doing.

It came time to get it cut because she said when it got down to her bottom that we could do it. It has been getting
tangly in the night and really hard to comb if it is not braided so we decided that she should have it done.

We went to the salon and she sat in the chair and she was very quiet. They measured the length (10 inches) and then...

She looked at me very nervous and whispered, "I'm scared". I was so sad at that moment. I told her that she would be okay and it wouldn't hurt and that she could be helping another little girl just like her. She got a little smile on her face and then...

the hair dresser just cut it off. No turning back now. Wow, it is really crazy how emotionally attached you can become to hair. She did really great and she was excited to see the lock of hair.

It is so beautiful and such a pretty color.

She is now about 2 lbs. lighter. They had to go a lot shorter than I thought because of the ponytail cut. It is really cute on her and she looks so old.

Everyone says that she looks like her cousin
Sami that is 8. She said that she does not look like
Sami because
Sami has "
loosed teeth". I thought that was pretty funny that she remembered that about
Sami. She walks around swooshing her head back and forth so she can feel the hair flip against her cheeks. She is my little sweetheart and I am so pleased that she decided that this is something that she wanted to do. She was so excited to show her friends at the gym and at church. They all commented that they "love it" and she gets a big smile on her face. Every once in a while she will walk into the room that I am in and say, "I love my hair" just to make sure that I have not forgotten.
6 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! Carley looks ADORABLE!! I absolutely LOVE it! I want to just hug her! What a great thing! She is such a sweet girl! I love her!
So cute! I love it. She does look like Sami with it short. But it's true she has all of her teeth still and Sami is missing a bunch right now. That is so great that she donated her hair. I'm sure some little girl will be so happy to have such a beautiful color for her head.
I love Carley's hair that short. It is so cute especially when she had it in a headband yesterday. It will be nice that it won't get in her food when she has it down.
She does look like Sami. I can't believe her hair got so long! That is crazy, and funny she thought it might hurt since she probably never remembered getting a cut.
SHE LOOKS ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!! I just asked her Sunday if she was growing her hair out for Locks of Love and she told me she was. Alexis did that two years ago and is growing it out again to do it. I agree . . . it IS surprising how emotionally attached you can get to hair. I almost started crying when they cut her hair, but she was thrilled. Sick of the snarls and brushing and fighting. ha ha
Darling Darling Girl - I am proud of her, too! What a cutie and what a selfless decision. She takes after her mommy! Love you!!
Post a Comment