Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Can you believe that I have a teenager now?

Brooke at 1 year old
Brooke at 5 years old
Brooke at 13 years old
This cannot be. I remember that once I became a teenager the next thing I knew I was in college and then married. AHHHH! I know Brooke has a lot of fun things to look forward to. She already is a lot more mature at this age than I ever was, she is having fun in school, with school friends and church friends. She has made some really good friendships that she will have for life. She even said to me that it will be hard to move one day.
I have to say that out of all the teenagers that I know she is a pretty GREAT one. She is always so willing to help out around the house with only a few groans under her breath. She and Natalie are really good friends. I just look back at the little girl she once was and look at Carley and think, "before I know it, she will be a teenager too". Where did the time go? I am really enjoying my teenager. I love to have "hang-out" days where we go shopping and out to lunch. I love picking her up from things like Mutual and after school events because that means just her and I can talk on the long drive home (if I can get her to take her music out of her ears). I have an absolutely fabulous daughter and I just wanted to share it with the world. :)



4 comments:

Tori Bennett said...

Man, you must be OLD!!!

Heather said...

Wow! A teenager. That's just crazy. Those are such cute pictures of her. It is great that Brooke is such a sweet daughter. I hope it stays that way!

Cami said...

All my memories start around 13 and that's where my life just got better and better! When we moved to Wisconsin, I never thought I'd miss leaving there, but it was the hardest thing ever!

Jaden said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!
That must mean that KEVIN is really, really old! :) LOL!!!