Wednesday, April 23, 2014

I saw my rainbow this year after the storms of last...

What a beautiful day I experienced on Patriot's day. I was able to return to Boston again and feel the beautiful spirit of the marathon through supporting my friend Andrea who flew out from Utah to run in the race.  I knew I needed to be reminded of how special that race was again and I totally was.

As I was standing at mile 6 in the race and watching the Boston runners coming through I just continually felt grateful for my health, my family, my happiness, my life.  So many people running with so many different reasons and stories.  I teared up over and over again as I watched them pass and we cheered them on.  What a great thing to witness.  No one can stop this race, no one can defeat us...we are all united in heart and spirit.  I felt completely a part of the race that day even though I was not running.  I needed to see the joy after the tragic events of last year.  My race ended for me on such a sad note.  I was not really able to celebrate, and on Monday I did.  I celebrated life after death, celebrated the fact that I know those who lost their lives are with God and the ones that were left behind will see them again one day and be able to embrace them again.  I celebrated the runners from last year i saw running with their 2013 shirts on, running for a second time to complete their Boston.  I celebrated with Andrea's family and cheered her on.  She tore her ACL last winter in a skiing accident and still was able to heal and retrain starting from scratch to run in the marathon.  My heart goes out to her and all the hurt and hard recovery she had to go through to complete her goal.  I celebrated with my kids to let them know that we can have joy and cheer for others.  I celebrated life.  I saw the sun beating down...God smiling down on everyone and spreading His complete love to all.  I finally experienced the rainbow after the storm.  It felt amazing.

 Andrea did incredible.  She kept pushing through to the end.  What a great example she set for her girls that day.  She let them know that when you have a dream you can set goals and achieve it...even if it is hard...even when obstacles come along.  It was so hard for her, but she did it and I am so proud of her.


Thank you Andrea for letting us share this special, sacred moment with you.  You are such a dear friend and I love you.  I already love your girls...and can see how wonderful they are because of how they are being raised. Thank you to Joe and Dan and Julie.  We had a fabulous day and didn't ever want it to end.  Boston we love you.  We will always be forever BOSTON STRONG.

No comments: