Wednesday, April 23, 2014

40 and loving it



I don't know where to start. I have to be the luckiest person on the planet. I feel so loved and so lucky to know who I know and to be treated the way I have been treated the last week.

1 week ago i received a package from my mom and dad with 40 little presents in it to unwrap. Some of my favorite things...Lindt chocolate, PB, all sorts of fun things I was able to share with Kevin and the kids, I love my parents (and crystal too for helping put it all together).  I then announced to Kevin that this is my birthday week and I am just going to really enjoy it. I talked Kevin and Carley into going with me to Hayward's ice cream and get my favorite ice cream and visit Natalie at her new job...coconut almond Friday night. We then took the missionaries out to breakfast at my favorite breakfast place...Parker's Maple Barn on Saturday morning...I had their maple donuts.  YUM! It was general conference weekend so I got to hear from my most favorite people in the world and to be reminded to carry the right load to help me return to God and to be grateful for things in all circumstances. It was a great day. Then Kevin surprised me with a hot tub and a trip to Boston to see Irish dancing and eat at PF Chang's...another favorite of mine.  I love to see performances. It was at the Wang theater and so great.
The Heartbeat of Home-similar to Riverdance
On my actual birthday I got to Sub for Jenn Horne at the High School and be with sweet Brooke O'Brien, BahBah, RJay, and Bryce.  I then ran with the middle school kids and WE ordered Buffalo Chicken Calzones from the Pasta Loft and Natalie made me my favorite Oatmeal Cake (nothing nutritious about it, but it sounds healthy).  It is DELICIOUS!  Zack walked around singing and playing happy birthday songs to me.  SOOO Cute.  Carley made me some pencil and pen holders all by herself.  She painted some blocks and added the words...Best Mom Ever to them.  She even decorated the house! 40 is pretty great!

On facebook...Brooke's amazing post.
Today marks the anniversary of the day my beautiful mother was born. I can't believe she has been with me for over 19 years now. I could have never asked for a better woman to raise me and be my best friend. Even now that we are apart, I feel so close to her. I am so grateful for how much she loves and cares about me, and for how she is always there for me no matter what I am going through. She truly is my best friend, she knows everything about me, and I don't know what I'm going to do without her daily phone calls for 18 months but I am just so happy to have had someone in my life all this time making me feel special and loved. I hope you have a fantastic birthday mommy, and I can't wait to see you in two weeks! I love you!
 — with Kelly Stokes Olsen.
On facebook...Natalie's amazing post.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GREATEST MOM IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!! Mom, I honestly love you so much I cannot even express my love for you. I can honestly tell you anything! And literally...I tell you everything! I'm thankful to have a mom that at least listens to all of my stories even if she's not responsive  thanks for always being there for me and teaching me everything I know! I love you, you're wonderful, you don't look nearly as old as you think you do, and I swear the older you are, the younger you look.  i know i can always call you when i need help. love ya and happy birthday!
All my family sent their love and well wishes to me on this day.  So much fun!  Thank you to all of you!
The Elders brought me over a cake they made and I could not even eat it.  I had already started my elimination diet to try to figure out what foods are messing around with my body.  I have cut out dairy, all grains, beans, and sugar for 30 days.  After you slowly add back each food and see which ones make you bloated, fatigued, sick and then avoid those foods the rest of my life...(or minimize the eating of them).     

My friend Christine called me up on Wednesday (after my birthday) and asked if I wanted to celebrate our birthdays together like we did a couple of years ago and go out to dinner that Friday.  I let her know I would ask Kevin and get back to her.  I had no idea the set up that was taking place.  When we walked into the restaurant on Friday night, all of my favorite people in NH were there (minus a couple who could not make it).  Kevin really surprised me good.  Almost a week later than my birthday and I was not expecting it at all because of the Boston night the weekend before.  I ordered a steak tip salad with no blue cheese :( and even brought my own paleo bread that I made from home to dip in the garlic oil...YUM!  Then at 10:00 my good friend Kathleen Barlow walked in with her famous cakes...  it looked amazing.  I was not even tempted to eat a piece (but I do have a piece saved in the freezer for me to eat on May 20th.  Heehee...hopefully the kids do not find it.  The waiter even threw rose pedals at me.  :)

































WHAT A FABULOUS BIRTHDAY WEEK CELEBRATION!  I have always teased Kevin about celebrating my birthday for a whole week and this time it really happened.  I cannot believe my 40s are finally here, but I am going to enjoy every moment with the people that I love.  Thank you all!  I love you all!

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

Happy 40th Birthday Kelly!! Sounds like it was a great one :)