Monday, December 16, 2013

Family is the BEST! Christmas is almost here...


It is so funny that we decided to exchange gift cards for Christmas and it just so happens that all my sisters LOVE Target...so basically we are all exchanging target gift cards.  It makes me smile.

Christmas is such a fun time.  This year is the first year that I will not be buying toys for my kids.  It is a really weird feeling.  I kept asking Carley if she was sure that all she wanted was clothes.  She is too young to just be okay with getting clothes already...but she keeps telling me she loves clothes and just needs way cuter ones.  Good thing I got to shop for my nephews instead.

I did not want to go to Black Friday this year.  But kevin and I ended up going a little later in the day together.  Every year I usually get most of my shopping done right after Thanksgiving, but this year I did a lot of online shopping and went out for a few things today.  I just have a few more things to get.

We are finishing our basement a little nicer right now.  We are recarpeting, we have put in a pellet stove...so wonderful to finally be warm...and we just bought a sectional that has 3 recliners.  Guess what it looks like?  You're right...chocolate brown leather.  Also kevin bought some leather theater chairs for a little game section in the basement.  We are setting it all up to be a teenager hang out.  I am encouraging Nat and Zack to invite their friends over here to hang out.  Friday movie night.  There will be a pub table for games, ping pong...and also a nice, warm, cozy feel.  The carpet is supposed to arrive this week and we can set up an install date.  Hopefully before Christmas.  The kitchen is almost finished as well.  I need to paint the ceiling and walls (goldish) and then it will be done. Then the final project in the house for a while will be to remove all the wall paper in the upstairs kid's bathroom and paint it yellow.  Lots of work to do...

Brooke comes home in 3 days.  I cannot believe it.  She has been gone for so long.  She will be getting all her appointments taken care of while here.  Wisdom teeth taken out, health physical and dentist. She also is hanging with all her friends.  Hopefully she will have time for us.

Taz loves laying in front of the stove downstairs.  The ground in front gets really warm.  He actually will leave my side sometimes and go down to lay...not very often though.

I have a been subbing a lot at the high school and middle school.  It has been fun, but takes up all my extra time.  I need to send out my Christmas cards.  I was on top of things and ordered them before December, but have not had time to address them.  Oh well, I will have Brooke help me when she gets here.  I miss her.

I will put all of my gifts in the mail tomorrow nd then start wrapping the kid's presents.  Christmas is coming fast.  On Saturday, Nat, Brooke and I are driving down the NYC and ice skating at the Rockefeller Center and viewing NYC at Christmastime.  I have never been during this time and am so excited. We will drive to Newport, CT and then take the train into Grand Central station and then just use the subway and walk around all day.  It will be a lot of fun.

Well I am watching Psych the Musical and am falling asleep.  I hope I can finish all I have to do before Christmas comes.  I love Christmas...we do the 12 days of Christmas for a different family in our neighborhood each year.  The kids have fun taking something over each night.  Caroling is coming up soon.  Yay!



No comments: