Saturday, November 23, 2013

Thankful For Everything

We have been crazy busy.  It just seems like life is passing us by.  But I am so thankful for everything I have and keep pinching myself because my life does not seem real.  It is amazing!  

The last couple of months have been so much fun, but stressful.  I was able to spend my first season as a varsity volleyball coach.  It is interesting that it is not at the school my children go to, it is at the rival school.  Souhegan High School.  Natalie played on JV this year so it did not effect us too much when we played against each other, but I have a feeling that next year is going to be different.  I really wish that I could have Natalie come and play for me.  I learned a lot this season...it is so much fun to run your own program, even with all the pressure of winning.  The girls had a much more positive experience then they have ever had in VB and that is what matters.  Next year I will focus on a few different things now that I have figured out my defense. Mathis year I had to teach a ton of basic things to the girls...I believe it may get easier and easier as I go.  My family was such a great support.

Zack and Carley played soccer.  Zack is really growing fast. He is now taller then me.  Last night we were at his 9:00 pm soccer game (past my bedtime) and I thought he looked so old.  It will be weird to see him become more man like then boy like.  He is such a thoughtful young man.  He is becoming more mature (at times).  Yesterday I was subbing for gym at the middle school and Zack was in one of my classes.  The other P.E. Teacher was very intense with the mat ball game we were playing and was rubbing Zack the wrong way.  Zack could not handle it and I saw the immaturity come out.  He is so funny at times.  He made the A team this year in basketball at the middle school and is working hard to become a starter.  He needs to work on his shot form.  He is having a great time.  I am coaching the B team girls this year and having fun. I get to see Zack play his games...I coach Carley's rec team for basketball as well and am hoping to be able to coach her when she comes to middle school.  I am determined to have at least one of my girls play basketball.  Carley is going to be pretty tall.
My parents took all the seniors and their parents to The Roof for graduation dinner.  I love to see the temple...

Brooke is really enjoying BYU.  She has been in Helaman Halls and is done with the dorm life.  She does not care for the meal plan too much.  She is a simple eater...and would much rather have PB&J and tuna or oatmeal or cream of wheat.  She just transferred to New Heritage for next semester.  She will have 5 other roomies...and only have to share a bathroom with 2 other girls (rather than 40).  She is making a lot more friends and feeling more comfortable there.  She is also preparing her mission papers. She could get her call as early as the end of January.  Very crazy.  I am so proud of her for wanting to serve a mission.  Out her in NH we have had the youth involved with mission activities.  They were able to go teach a lesson to people who are inactive or not of our faith. They are paired together in companionships and the leaders drop them off at the home and the youth go in on their own.  Such a powerful experience for them. It teaches them to be guided by the spirit and also realize that is is not as scary as it may seem.  Brooke was able to see how it would be to be a missionary.  She really gained a testimony of listening to the spirit prompt her and guide her.  She is so excited to serve.


Natalie loves being President of her sophomore class.  She is learning a lot about delegation and following through with things.  She is making friends and being very responsible.  She goes and volunteers at a nursing home just being with the people and sharing with their lives.  She has such a sweet heart.  She just received her driver's license and is excited to drive more.  Now we just have to get the Maxima ready for her.  It is older than she is and is having some issues.  She really is loving the new ward we are going to.  She has made some amazing friends.
Natalie and I at girls' camp...she was a 4th year this year and dressed up differently each day...old man day...

A couple of months ago, Kevin and I were called into the stake president's office and Kevin was extending the calling to become the bishop of the new Peterborough Ward.  Peterborough was a branch and the stake realigned the boundaries and pulled the town of Milford over to become part of Peterborough.  Kevin is now involved with merging Milford into Peterborough and we are really loving it.    It is a lot smaller and really quaint.  The people there in the new ward are amazing and Natalie and Zack are having fun making new relationships with the youth.  Carley has already made some great friends as well.  Mutual and activity days are on Thursday nights so Kevin and the kids go and I teach an aqua aerobics class that night which I really love.  Our lives hav become even more crazy with this change but we welcome it all and say bring it on.  We know we will be blessed with our service.  We know the kids will be protected and watched over.  There are so many great things in life and we love them all.  We just need to make sure we continue to hold tight to each other's hands on this crazy ride or we may get lost from each other.  It is so important to have family nights together and pray together.  Christmas is just around the corner...crazy.  
Carley was a bloody volleyball player for Halloween.

Kevin challenged all of us to keep a book daily on 3 things we are grateful for and say them in our prayers each day and to look for positive things that happen in our lives and journal them. He also asked us to just do 1 random act of kindness a day.  It is so neat to take a moment and really focus on what we are grateful for...different things...daily and then to give thanks to The Lord for them in our prayers.  I love looking for different acts of kindness to give and also to keep a positive eye on what is going on in the world around me.  It has been a lot of fun.

My exercise has been on the back burner lately.  My foot has been acting up.  After I ran the St. George marathon a few years back my foot started giving me issues with pain in the arch.  I pulled back on running a lot, but then had to train for Boston.  After Boston it really flared up and now is pretty swollen with scar tissue...I have a marble like bump right in the arch that is no fun to run on...also it is no fun to walk on all day long and is really a bother more then anything.  I have been trying to spin and do more water aerobics...but it just is not the same as running.  I have a big group of ladies I love to meet and run with.  It is hard to change, but I need to really let my foot rest and heal completely this time. It may take a long time.
We ran the Color Run together as a family and my HS volleyball team joined is. The 5K flew by....seriously it felt like we ran a mile.  So much fun!


So for now we will continue to be busy...try to finish up our basement so we can get our pellet stove in and be warm this winter without paying a fortune.  We are tiling today and ordering carpet to be put in in a couple of weeks.  I need to start searching for a large sectional so we can all be together as a family and just hang in the basement.  I told the kids that they can plan Friday movie nights with their friends and really make our home a gathering place.  I don't want my kids to leave me...I want them all surrounding me always.

9 years ago right before we moved th NH.
Now look at how grown up they are...Brooke 18, Natalie 16, Zack 14 and Carley 9.

I am so thankful for life!  I love my family...I miss all my sisters and sister in laws...my brothers and brother in laws, my parents and parents in law...nieces and nephews...It is crazy to realize that our family is settling here in NH.  I always thought in the back of my mind...when we move back...but I feel now that we are meant to be here.  Every time we even think about moving back our Father in Heaven reminds us how much we are needed here.  This is our home...NH is a wonderful place for us.  Our kids love being here and we love raising them here.  I am finally coming to terms with it after 9 years.  I am finally decorating and settling in and removing from my mind the thoughts of when we will return west.  Who knows when...for now I am grateful for what we do have and what we have been able to offer our children.  I look forward to having us all together at Christmas and really just enjoying each other.  

1 comment:

Heather said...

Awesome post Kelly! It's fun to catch up and read all about you and your family. I'm glad you are happy and doing well in NH. It is hard to think of you guys staying so far away but it's not our plan right? Love you guys!