Here is the deal...we are driving 36 hours across the country to Utah to visit family and bring Brooke to BYU. I cannot believe that after all these years of thinking that this day would never come it is finally here. I have already told Kevin and I need to get brooke and I iPhones so we can FaceTime every day. I am freaking out just a little bit. It is going to be so hard to see each one of my children grow and leave me. I am so grateful for how strong and amazing she is. She is going to do great things in her life. She has such a solid view on the gospel and strong convictions. She has so much to offer the world and to think that I had even a small part in making her the person she is just stuns me. Wow...
So then we will be in Utah until 3 days before I have to be at the stake YW camp that I am the director at. We will drive home Friday, Saturday and Sunday and then I will get to go straight to YW camp on Monday morning bright and early. I have to pack everything up and have it completely ready to go for that because we will arrive home pretty late on Sunday night and I have to have Natalie dropped off at the stake center by 7:00 am SHARP to go on her overnight backpacking trip with the 4th years. I sure hope that I have everything ready to go for camp.
Once I return home from camp on Saturday I have to think about the try-outs that I will be running and in charge of for my the new position I have at Souhegan as the head varsity VB coach. I need to be prepared to transition straight into that and I am still searching for a JV coach to help me.
I sometimes think to myself...why do I make my life so busy and crazy? I enjoy being completely involved in my kid's lives. I love to go to every game, every practice, every event, I love to be completely involved. I think especially right now I am trying to bog up my life so I will not have to actually have time to think about Brooke leaving. I will periodically have mini melt downs. I just sob for a long while and then I am okay. It will never be the same at the Olsen home. Brooke will now be a visitor when she returns for holidays. She is planning to put her papers in for her mission in December (which is right around the corner) and that will really freak me out because I won't be able to call her up and talk to her at any time.
She is working at the BYU bookstore this year. She has biology, calculus, computer, American Heritage and religion classes. She is living in Helaman Halls with a roommate she does not even really know. She has so many fun things to look forward to. She is majoring in biology or business...I am so sad that I am not closer to her to share in her experiences. Thank goodness for family, they will watch over her and be there for her.
New Hampshire is our home at this time. We have lived here for almost 9 years. I cannot even believe it. It has been an amazing place to raise our children. We love Milford. We love our ward and our friends. We just wish family lived closer. That is what is so hard.
So now back to packing and preparing. Kevin always says to me that I am like the dog on "UP" with the shock collar...that says, "squirrel" and gets side tracked. It is so true. My brains in running 100 million miles a minute. I cannot seem to really focus on much for long amounts of time. I need to pack myself and my family for UT, clean my home, complete a huge vinyl order, run an open gym for VB tomorrow night, pack for camp, shop for food for the trip, collect everything I need for camp and UT, and finish everything before tomorrow night. Not enough hours in the day. Thank goodness I have Brooke here to help me tomorrow. I won't be able to say that again for a long time. :(

1 comment:
Wow! she's off to college. Didn't we just do that? what a great post, and as a very new iphone purchaser, I'm a fan!
Post a Comment