I am hoping with this app that I will be able to update my blog more consistently.
We just had a huge snow storm this past weekend that made the kids have to take a snow day on Friday. They were so excited about it, but I reminded them that their last day of school will be going into July if we keep having snow days.
We did not leave our home all weekend. It snowed a little over 24 inches. It took Kevin about 2-3 hours to dig us out with the snow blower and we went out with shovels digging Brooke's car out and our front walk and back porch. Taz had paths snow blown for him so he can run around in the back yard. It was so cute to watch him initially walk out before we shoveled. He stepped off the first step and fell into the snow...actually going into a swimming motion because it was so deep and fluffy.
New England weather is crazy. I will update more later.
I am back. I took off this morning and met up with 5 other crazy ladies from the surrounding towns of Amherst and Mont Vernon and we ran 10 miles in the snow. The roads were snow packed, the snow started out light but then turned into more blizzard like...we just all kept running. I know I used a ton of different muscles in my core and legs because I had no traction to push off the road, I had to pull my legs up with my core and quads. Great run...what can I say, I needed the miles. I have a speed workout tomorrow night at the dome and then out again (this time at 4:45 am) to run the hill straight up into Mont Vernon. The only thing I like about going up is the great feeling you get when you get to turn around and come back down. 4.5 miles up...4.5 miles down. Yay! This weekend will be my first 20 miler. We are going to try and average pace it at 8:55...under 9:00s. I hope we can make it happen. It will be a good feeling to get the training in at a faster pace. My Boston marathon is on April 15. I feel like this training has just flown by. The ladies I run with are amazing.
I wonder if they will have an early release today. The roads are really slick and it is supposed to icy rain later. We will see what happens. At least it wasn't a snow day. I coach later today, it is the middle school B team girl's championship basketball game. I hope they do not postpone it again because of the weather. Co-Ed VB starts up today as well. That will be a fast, fun season. And then before I know it open gyms for VB will begin. I love my crazy, busy life.
I am going to jump in a hot bath and then try to finish some planning I need to do for a secret activity that I will inform you of at a later date.
Adult Sisters
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment