We surprised Brooke at the church dance and brought in a cake that fed 150 people. Sister Barlow made it for us and she was even there to cut and serve it to everyone.
She was pretty embarrassed and did not like the focus on her. A man in the stake started to read info about Brooke that people could guess and then we all started singing to her as we wheeled in the cake. It really turned out great though because I did not have to throw her a huge party and she got to play and dance around with all her friends.If you notice her dad's shirt reads Dads Against Daughters Dating. He is hilarious.
I really cannot believe that she is 16 years old. She is driving now and has already been on her first date to Prom with Forrest. I am so proud to be her mom. She feels like we are friends and can share things with me. I care about her and want the very best for her.
She has a lot of fun friends and looks forward to getting together with them at church events.
This cake has 3 different flavors in it. The bottom layer is half cookies and cream and chocolate cake and the other half chocolate mousse and chocolate cake. The top part is yellow cake with whipped cream frosting and strawberries.



2 comments:
Okay, I feel really old, now! I can hardly believe Brooke is so grown-up and beautiful! She reminds me of her Mom at that age. My kids will never get that big......... right??
Ummmmmmm...how did Brooke get that OLD! Holy cow! She is beautiful and what a fun party idea! I love the cake Kathleen made. She's amazing! Oh, and I LOVE Kevin's shirt. Too funny! You guys are amazing.
Post a Comment