
We started a new family tradition a few years ago with another family in our ward, the Banners, making gingerbread houses.

There is the graham cracker kind...

Zack made his all fancy and nice.

Carley got a little sidetracked by the baby.

Natalie was very particular what went on hers.

Then there is the real gingerbread house. A nice new family moved into the ward and she actually invited everyone over to her home for an openhouse gingerbread making party. She pre-made all of the great gingerbread houses for us and frosting and all we had to do was show up and decorate. It was so fun. I loved the red and green theme. Notice the number 88 on the Olsen family house.

She also did a YW activity where all the YW and mother's were invited to make houses together. Natalie and I had a fun time. Brooke decided to make one on her own.

So many fun candies to choose from.

sweet and simple. I want to thank Sister Kingsley for all the hard work she put into making this so much fun for all of us (and not having to worry about messing up our own homes) and also thank Melanie for introducing this tradition to us. We miss sharing it with you and your family.
1 comment:
Ummmm, girlfriend, you are making me sad. I wish we could have done houses together!!!!! Dang...maybe next year. I'm also a crazy slacker of a friend and I completely spaced that I have been wanting to call you back!!!!! We went out of town and my brain hasn't been the same since...I'm also pregnant...I guess I can use that excuse too! I will call you...I miss you and want to chat! I'm also sad because you'll probably we having your awesome New Years party tomorrow too...sigh...
Post a Comment