Monday, March 2, 2009

Trip to Utah

Carley and I went for a little visit to Utah to see my family and friends because I stayed away way too long. After 19 months, I finally made it back to Utah for a visit. My family got together a few times for games and we had a special brunch on Saturday morning that included a FHE together. Cami and Juan are so fun. We were able to play card games and just hang out with them. Cami was not feeling too great but I am so glad that she was able to visit. We even had a Super Bowl Party. I love my family and miss them so much. I got to go out to Heather's home in Tooele and see the great progress they are making in expanding the feel of their home. I went to Rachelle's home and visited with her with Crystal and Judson (Crystal was so nice to drive us around everyone one day). We had so much fun sharing the basement with Crystal and Judson. Judson would walk around grandma's house saying "Carley, Carley, Carley". I really miss seeing them every day. My parents, Cami and Juan, Kent and Steph and Paul and Rachelle and Crystal and Darren all met us for a final dinner at Madeline's Steak house the night before I left and had a farewell dinner. It was so great to see everyone and catch up. The kids are the ones that have changed the most. Judson, Sami and Griffin, Chris, Maddie and Barrett, Sadie, Josh, Spencer and Caleb. I am so sad that I will not be able to see them for a long time.
Carley and Judson made a special bond. I hope Judson does not forget us too soon. Crystal, please keep showing him our picture. We miss your guys so much and thanks for letting us invade your space.
Carley did such a great job on the flights. She said that they were a little long, but we just reviewed her letters and she colored and played with her dolls and game boy the whole time. She even fell asleep a few times. We really had a great time.


I got to visit my great friend that left me here in NH and moved back to Utah. Melanie and her family are so fun and we had such a great time catching up. Derek, Tyler, Ben and Brooklyn are so sweet and cute. Carley had fun playing with them all. We miss getting together with Mel and Kevin for games and family fun. We hope that one day we will be able to again.

I met Lori, Shanna and Stacy for lunch ans we got to catch up. I used to live by them when we lived in our first home in West Valley. Once you make great friends you never let them go.


I met Suzy and Aimee for breakfast and we had such a fun time together with our little ones. I feel so blessed to have great friends to visit with and keep in contact with.


A bunch of us from high school got together and I actually ate my first piece of Sushi. It was very good and I look forward to try some different kinds (they are all so pretty). Natalie, Nora, Mindy, Andrea and Kimberly were the ones that could make it. We talked and laughed and then Andrea, Kim and I bought some chocolate covered apples and went to see Bride Wars and continued the party into the early hours of the morning. It is so fun to feel "young again".


I got to stop by and visit my favorite cousin, Marcia, and see how she was doing after her surgery. I am so glad that I have family that lives so close to my parents so I could see them and catch up.


I was so glad that Lorie and McKenna could join us for the Draper Temple Open house. We had such a great morning together. I spent a lot of time with Lorie while I was in Utah. I would meet her and work out with her, I went out to dinner with her and her family. I met her for lunch with the other ladies from WJ (forgot to take a picture) and she even ran 13.5 miles with me on Saturday (it was only supposed to be 12 but we got lost and had to end up at my mom's home and have my brother-in-law take us back to our cars). I miss having my running partner close. I miss getting together with Nate and Lorie for games and camping. I am so grateful for my friends.


I got to meet Monica in Kaysville and go see a movie with her kids and Carley (Hotel for Dogs). Monica is another friend that left me in NH and moved to Utah. I hope to live close to her again one day. I miss my great friends.

Who knows when I will get to return, but I am hoping that it will be soon and that we can always just pick up right where we left off like I never even was gone. I love you ALL. Thanks for all your friendships and love. Thanks for being so willing to get together. I hope to see you soon.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow Kelly! I didn't realize how much you did while you were here. You would think you were here a month not a week! It's great that you are such a good friend and family member to so many people. It will be great when you can be back in Utah, hopefully soon!

Ginger said...

You had a packed week. I am glad you were able to go and make the trip. I am sure you will go back there again soon. I would even be okay if you left us out here alone. We only have a 1 1/2 years left and can survive!

Aimee said...

I was cracking up at your "plans" while in Utah. You basically filled every meal with a different set of friends or family. I love it! We are keeping our fingers crossed that you come back soon -- permanently!